Applications for the World Federation of Neurology (WFN) Visiting Fellow Program 2024 are open now. The Department of Neurology at Cairo University has partnered with the World Federation of Neurology (WFN) with assistance from the Association of British Neurologists (ABN) to announce a one-year visiting fellowship post for a freshly qualified African Neurologist.
Table of Contents
- Availability of a one-year fellowship in general neurology from the WFN at Cairo University in Cairo, Egypt.
- Their goal is to promote future collaboration, network with new colleagues, and Enhance neurological training across Africa.
- The language of instruction will be English.
Duration for World Federation of Neurology (WFN) Visiting Fellow Program 2024
- The visit will run from September 2024 to August 2025, the duration of one academic year.
World Federation of Neurology (WFN) Visiting Fellow Program 2024 (Funded)
With 124 member societies and six regional organizations, the World Federation of Neurology (WFN) collaborates with the World Health Organization (WHO) and other organizations to promote brain health globally. The WFN has the Association of British Neurologists (ABN) as one of its member societies. As ABN President Dr. Richard Davenport stated:
It gives us great pleasure to work in collaboration with the WFN once more to assist an African neurologist to reap the benefits of this fellowship, enhance their education, and cultivate connections with neurologists worldwide. We are eager to find out who wins this fellowship.
Benefits of World Federation of Neurology (WFN) Visiting Fellow Program 2024
Below are the benefits:
- Reimbursement for one round-trip economy ticket from the Fellow’s home nation to Cairo.
- Payment for housing reimbursement for the academic year.
- A monthly stipend to cover living expenses (food and drink) for the duration of the school year.
- During the visit in Cairo, health insurance and medical malpractice insurance (to be obtained by the hosts) will be provided.
- The University of Cairo will receive the scholarship amount and compensate the fellow for their out-of-pocket expenses.
- The candidate must be a citizen of a Sub-Saharan African nation with a low or lower middle income.
- The candidate has to be born after December 31, 1981.
- The candidate needs to have just finished their training in neurology.
- The candidate must speak English well.
For more information, visit WFN Visiting Fellow Program
Application Deadline: April 29, 2024