Hi there! I see that you are interested in the Commonwealth Youth Gender & Equality Network (CYGEN) Call for Members. This is an excellent opportunity for young people who are passionate about gender and equality issues to join a dynamic network of like-minded individuals. The CYGEN is committed to promoting gender equality and empowering young people to be agents of change in their communities. If you are interested in joining this network, be sure to mark March 15, 2024, on your calendar as the application deadline.
Table of Contents
Commonwealth Youth Gender & Equality Network (CYGEN) Call for Members
To address gender equality concerns in local, national, regional, and Commonwealth agendas, CYGEN is now hiring a new batch of Commonwealth Youth Activists. Being the first gender-based youth organization in the Commonwealth, CYGEN works to elevate youth voices and promote deeper and more meaningful youth involvement in governance, processes, and structures.
Benefits of Commonwealth Youth Gender & Equality Network (CYGEN)
As a network participant, you will have the chance to:
- Represent CYGEN at forums on gender equality at the national, regional, Commonwealth, and international levels.
- Join a select online community of young activists addressing gender equality problems.
- Participate in mentorship programs, workshops, and seminars designed especially for CYGEN members.
- Engage in studies examining juvenile concerns from the standpoint of gender parity.
- Give technical guidance on how to include the opinions of young people in the creation of programs.
Eligibility Criteria for Commonwealth Youth Gender & Equality Network (CYGEN)
However, each candidate must completely meet the standards listed below:
- Possess citizenship in a Commonwealth nation.
- Be between 18 and 29 years old on December 31, 2024.
- Possess a track record of work on gender issues (academic or professional) that can be verified.
- Possess a sincere dedication to addressing gender disparity;
- Strongly identify with the CYGEN and Commonwealth values as outlined in the Gender Agenda.
The deadline for membership applications is at 11:59 pm (GMT) on Friday, 15 March 2024.
For more information, visit CYGEN.