Applications for the Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowships for Doctoral Research 2025-2026 are open now. The goal of the Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowships is to increase the long-term ability to deal with climate change-related issues in the United States and India. These grants are intended for Indian academics enrolled in Ph.D. programs in Indian universities. The duration of these fellowships is six to nine months.
Table of Contents
Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowships for Doctoral Research
The fields covered by the Climate Fellowship include, but are not limited to: critical minerals supply chains; disaster resilience; green mobility, green buildings and construction; oceanography; renewable energy; sustainability; climate and health; climate finance; climate justice and equity; climate resilience, mitigation, and adaptation; climate-smart agriculture; climatology; critical and emerging technology (including applied AI for climate/agriculture, harnessing high-performance computing/quantum computing for climate mitigation, and biotech).
Affiliation for Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowships for Doctoral Research 2025-2026
The chosen applicant will be connected to a single host university in the United States.
It is highly advised by USIEF that all candidates identify the institutions they would like to be associated with and communicate in advance with possible host institutions. A letter of invitation from a U.S. institution should be attached to the online application if the applicant has obtained one. The length of the visit should be included in the invitation letter, ideally with dates. The chosen scholars will be given the chance to carry out research, audit non-degree courses, and obtain real-world work experience in American settings.
Benefits of Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowships
Support for J-1 visas, a monthly stipend, the Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges in accordance with U.S. Government requirements, round-trip economy class airfare, appropriate allowances, and any small affiliation costs are all provided by the fellowships. Dependents are not given any allowances. Family members cannot be supported by the award.
Eligibility Criteria for Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowships for Doctoral Research 2025-2026
- The applicant ought to have conducted appropriate research in relation to their academic goals, particularly when it came to locating resources in the United States and India. Applicants must have a Ph.D. program registered at an Indian university by November 1, 2023, at the latest. The Ph.D. supervisor’s recommendation should be included on the online application form. It should include a statement about the applicant’s research and the necessity for the fellowship, as well as the Ph.D. registration date and topic.
- The purpose of this award is to help doctoral students carry out research that is crucial to their theses or dissertations. The deadline for submitting a doctoral thesis should be at least three months following the Fulbright-Kalam grant expiration date. For instance, the applicant cannot turn in their thesis before August 2026 if the funding expires in May 2026. Kindly provide in the Applicant Annexure the date of registration for the doctorate and the anticipated date of thesis submission.
- If the candidate is hired, they have to carefully follow the guidelines surrounding the employer’s recommendation. If necessary, the applicant must have the proper administrative authority’s endorsement for the “Employer’s Endorsement Form.” A copy of the original published or presented paper or excerpts from the Master’s or M.Phil. thesis must be uploaded by the candidate in the online application form. The employer must confirm that leave will be given for the fellowship period (not exceeding 20 pages).
Note: The purpose of these grants is pre-doctoral research. Ph.D. holders or those who are nearing the end of submitting their theses won’t be taken into consideration.
How to Apply for Fulbright-Kalam Fellowships
Online applications are only accepted at https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2025.
- Before beginning your online application, please carefully read the Application Instructions.
- Before submitting the application, please see the Applicant Checklist.
- The Employer’s Endorsement Form (if applicable) and the FK-DR Applicant Annexure must also be filled out and uploaded with your online application.
Click here to apply
For more information, visit Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowships.
Application Deadline: July 15, 2024
- Women Income Generation Opportunities Initiative (WIGOI) 2024
- Knight Science Journalism Fellowship
- World Federation of Neurology Visiting Fellow Program
- TWAS-Abdool Karim Award in Biological Sciences 2024 (up to $5,000)