Opening a bank account with Stanbic Bank is a simple process and an advisable step to take while sorting out a better bank you would wish to work with. Whether you want to open a personal or student account, Stanbic Bank has got your back and there should be no worries.
However, in this blog, you will be enlightened through the requirements and steps on how to open a Stanbic Bank account, including how to do it online. All you are required of is read and follow the procedures outlined in this blog.
Table of Contents
About Stanbic Bank
Stanbic IBTC Holdings, which is commonly referred to as Stanbic IBTC, is a financial service holding firm (company) in Nigeria with subsidiaries in Banking, Investment Advisory, Stock Brokerage, Asset Management, Investor Services, Trustees Insurance Brokerage, Pension Management, and Life Insurance businesses and lots more.
Requirements to Open a Stanbic Bank Account
To successfully create a Stanbic bank account, you will have to meet some requirements which include:
- 2 Passports photographs
- Utility bill that carries physical address
- A valid means of an identity card
- Then a minimum of #2,000
NOTE: While you are uploading your documents ensure to upload clear copies of documents when opening the account through their online channels.
Open an Account with the USSD Code
Follow the steps below to open a Stanbic bank account using only USSD codes:
- On your phone dial *909#.
- From the options, select @ease wallet and open Account.
- Now you have to enter your Date of Birth (YYYY-MM-DD) to continue.
- Enter your email address and your secret word.
- You will now receive a successful account opening SMS.
- Dial *909# again, select @ease wallet.
- Then create your new USSD PIN.
- Finally, you can now fund your @ease wallet account.
That’s all, those are the possible steps required for a Stanbic bank account creation.
Create a Stanbic Bank Account with the App
Adhere to the guides outlined below to successfully open a Stanbic bank account:
- Visit any of your preferred App Store (Google Play Store or Apple App Store) to download the Stanbic IBTC Bank mobile app.
- Install and then launch the app.
- Now you have to click on the sign-up option.
- Select Open account.
- You will then be asked if you have BVN or not and since you don’t have any, you will see and know the option to choose.
- Then, you will asked to enter your details like Full name, email address, etc.
- Once you are done, click on the confirm button.
And that is it. Your account number will be displayed on the screen, and you can now start using your Stanbic bank account.
Other Way to Open an Account
Adhere to the guides below for a possible result:
- Aside from the USSD code, there are additionally additional possibilities for opening a Stanbic IBTC account on a smartphone. For example, utilize the Stanbic mobile app and website.
- Create a Stanbic account using the bank’s mobile app online. First, download the Stanbic smartphone application from Google Play or the App Store and select the Create an Account option. Then, fill out the necessary forms and your Stanbic account will be created shortly.
- An account may additionally be opened via the Stanbic website. Unlike the smartphone app and USSD code, the Stanbic website provides an actual savings account (tier 3). To open an account on the Stanbic IBTC website, you must have a BVN.
What are the Requirements to Open a Stanbic Bank Account?
Each signatory has to submit two recent passport photographs. Two suitable references the the official must have an active bank account (personal or business). A valid identification document, including a voter card, international passport, or driver’s license. Proof of residential address, such as utility or waste bills (optional).
Does Stanbic Bank Have a Student Account?
A thrilling student account designed specifically to assist people in saving for their dreams. It is ideal for a young person aged 18 to 25 who is pursuing education in high school, university, college, or any other tertiary institution.
Can I Open a Stanbic IBTC Bank Account Online?
You can open an account online today to enjoy their products and services on the go.
What is the USSD Code for Stanbic?
Stanbic banking USSD code is *909#.
More Related Content:
- Access Bank Internet Banking – Online Registration and Login Procedures
- Basic Requirements to Get A Loan On KashKash
- Basic Facts You Should Know About Kuda Bank
- Guide to First Bank Nigeria – Online Banking
- Understanding A Swift Digital Payment Method By Using the PayStack Application