Applications for the WISE Prize for Education 2024-2025 are open now. Are you interested in learning about the WISE Prize for Education 2024-2025? This prestigious prize offers a $1,000,000 award to innovative projects that tackle major challenges in education. The prize is open to legally recognized organizations involved in education and applications are being accepted until March 15, 2024. The selected finalists will receive financial support, tailored mentorship, capacity-building, and progress monitoring from WISE. The winners will be announced in October 2024 and will receive the $1,000,000 prize at the 2025 WISE Summit.
Table of Contents
WISE Prize for Education 2024-2025
For the past 15 years, the WISE Awards and WISE Prize for Education have showcased various global creative solutions and individuals in the field of education. Many of these have expanded their reach, impacted more people, and contributed to the work of WISE. This legacy is a result of the vision of Her Highness Sheikha Moza bint Nasser, who aims to elevate education standards worldwide.
As a single project, WISE is now introducing the next generation of the WISE Prize in 2024 and selecting a group of finalists to compete. WISE will identify groups taking on upcoming problems and offer support through mentorship and capacity building. During a year, the finalists that are selected for this version of the WISE Prize will work together to create solutions that tackle one of the following major concerns in education:
- Improving the teaching of the Arabic language: develop a solution to improve the effectiveness of teaching, acquisition, and use of the Arabic language.
- Create a personalized learning tool to improve basic literacy and numeracy skills in under-resourced areas.
- Address challenges in A.I. Design a tech-based intervention to empower youth with skills to navigate challenges of increasing presence in an A.I.-driven market and society, like biases and disinformation.
Benefits of WISE Prize for Education 2024-2025
- Financial support of $100K – USD 150K provided to support the solution development.
- Access to tailored mentorship to drive solution development.
- Access to capacity-building for team members.
- Progress monitoring and support from WISE.
- A USD 1 million prize will be awarded at the 2025 WISE Summit.
Eligibility Criteria for WISE Prize for Education 2024-2025
- All legally recognized organizations, including academic networks, colleges, universities, civil society organizations, community groups, governments, international agencies, private sector businesses, and non-profit organizations involved in education, are invited to apply. The company must have been running its programs or selling its products for at least one year.
- Applications are accepted from representatives of all educational sectors, including preschool, elementary, secondary, tertiary, EdTech, higher education, vocational training, special needs education, informal learning, lifelong learning, and more.
- All applications must be submitted by a representative involved in the project and must be for original works and projects. Therefore, all applicants must attest that the initiative was started by them or their organization, and they must release WISE from all liability arising from any third-party action or claim on the project they submitted.
Candidates should provide proof of the revolutionary effects on people, communities, and society that their prior endeavours in education have already produced, including:
- A solid track record of accomplishment.
- At least two years of operation.
- Multiple funding sources.
- A minimum of one committed full-time team member, or full-time equivalent, to oversee the development of the solution.
- A detailed plan that contains the goals and evolution of the project in response to the educational challenge it will tackle.
- A scalable resolution with cross-regional replication potential.
Selection Criteria for WISE Prize for Education 2024-2025
- Credentials: Candidates’ past performance attests to their capacity to meet the challenge.
- Innovation: Applicants use an evidence-based strategy that has never been tried or evaluated before to address the education challenge.
- Feasibility: Plans include a clear allocation of resources and labor planning, together with a logical timeframe for the Minimum Viable Product.
- Scalability: Solutions that are put out should be able to grow and provide long-term, sustainable funding.
- Contextualization: The suggested fixes can be applied to various social and geographic situations.
Submission Process and Timeline
Applications are accepted from noon GMT on January 24, 2024, to 17:00 GMT on March 15, 2024.
The submission procedure
The following requirements must be met for the application or nomination form to be accepted:
- Fill out the official form available on the internet.
- Be thorough and precise.
- Be submitted online before the official deadline. Submissions must be made in English.
- The form has to have the contact information for two support.
- Applications must be submitted by March 15, 2024, at 17:00 GMT.
- A due diligence process will be used to shortlist projects. April to August of 2024
- Shortlisted proposals will be revised by the external committee.
- A set of victors will be unveiled. October of 2024.
- The period of solution development, assistance, and mentoring is November 2024–November 2025.
- The 2025 WISE Summit will see the presentation of the $1 million Prize.
Application for WISE Prize for Education 2024-2025
For more information, visit WISE Prize for Education.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2024
- Call for Applications: Dorcas Muthoni PhD Fellowship 2024
- West African Research Association (WARA) Residency Fellowship 2024 (Stipend available)
- Goethe-Institut Nigeria Support & Connect Program 2024
- Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom Talent Promotion Program 2024