Applications for the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives -Sri Lanka 2024 are open now. Are you interested in applying for the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives -Sri Lanka 2024? It is a program that supports small-scale, high-impact projects in developing countries that align with Global Affairs Canada’s thematic priority areas for engagement.
The program is aimed at projects designed predominantly by local partners and is directed at supporting positive bilateral relations between Canada and recipient countries and their civil societies. The application deadline for the fund is January 30, 2024, and the average CFLI contribution is equivalent to $30,000 to 50,000 Canadian dollars. If you have any questions or need more information, keep on reading.
The CFLI is a program meant to assist small-scale, high-impact projects in developing countries, which match Global Affairs Canada’s thematic priority areas for engagement.
Projects created and constructed mostly by regional partners are the focus of the program. Approved projects are chosen and authorized by the Canadian High Commission or the appropriate embassy. By strengthening relationships and assisting regional initiatives, the CFLI also promotes constructive bilateral partnerships between Canada and recipient nations’ civil societies.
Table of Contents
Thematic Priorities for Canada Fund for Local Initiatives -Sri Lanka 2024
Every project needs to be in line with at least one of the CFLI’s top themes:
- Diversity, democracy, human rights, LGBTQ2 + rights, and the rule of law are all components of inclusive governance.
- Peace and security, with a focus on conflict avoidance and building peace.
- Human dignity includes sustenance, health, and education.
Grant for Canada Fund for Local Initiatives -Sri Lanka 2024
The typical contribution to the CFLI is between $30,000 and $50,000 in Canadian dollars. A project’s maximum funding amount is $100,000.
Eligibility Criteria for Canada Fund for Local Initiatives
- Local, national, or community-based organizations (non-governmental and not-for-profit) are among the eligible winners.
- The recipient country’s local, municipal, regional, or federal government agency or institution.
- Local academic institution.
- Canadian group (non-governmental or not-for-profit) that is focusing on local development activities.
- Non-governmental or not-for-profit international or regional organizations engaged in local development initiatives.
- Institutions, agencies, or organizations that are intergovernmental or multilateral and engaged in local development work.
Application for Canada Fund for Local Initiatives
Step 1: Idea Note
- Submissions must be finished in either French or English.
- On Tuesday, January 30, 2024, at 11:59 p.m. (GMT +5:30), idea notes must be submitted. Concept notes received beyond this date might not be taken into consideration.
Step 2: fill out an application
- Those who have been shortlisted will be informed in February 2024, and they will have two weeks to fill out an application that includes a comprehensive budget.
- Keep in mind that project applications are stored at missions in compliance with the information management guidelines of Global Affairs Canada.
In conclusion, the Canada Fund for Local Initiatives -Sri Lanka 2024 is a great opportunity for local, national, or community-based organizations, as well as for governmental agencies, academic institutions, and non-profit organizations to receive a grant of up to CAD 50,000 for small-scale, high-impact projects in Sri Lanka. The program is designed to support positive bilateral relations between Canada and recipient countries and their civil societies while aligning with Global Affairs Canada’s thematic priority areas for engagement. If you are interested in applying, please keep in mind that the application deadline is January 30, 2024, and that you need to submit an idea note in either French or English before this date.
Application Deadline: January 30, 2024.