If you are looking for an easy way to bank with GTB then no look further, the GTBank USSD code can be used on the go. It is convenient for use especially when you need to quickly make a transaction but have no access to internet banking. With GTBank codes you can easily access your account and transfer funds from your mobile phone without leaving your comfort zone. The GTBank USSD codes allow customers to access several banking services without mobile data or an internet connection.
Table of Contents
How to Activate GTB USSD Code
To start enjoying the convenient banking system described above, you need to activate the code by registering your mobile number with GTB.
You can register your mobile number with your ATM card, follow the instructions below to begin:
- Go to your dial pad on your mobile device
- Dial *737#
- Enter your 10-digit account number
- Type in your 11-digit bank verification number
- Enter the last six digits of your GTBank ATM card
- Choose your 4-digit transaction pin
- Enter the pin you have chosen and confirm it
Following the above steps accordingly means you have fully registered for mobile banking and you can begin using the GTB USSD code.
List of GTB USSD Codes
Various codes make GTB banking transactions easy and convenient, below are some of them:
- *737*0# – Opening an account
- *737*1*Amount*Account Number# – Transfer money to another GT Bank account
- *737*2*Amount*Beneficiary Phone Number# – Buy airtime for yourself or a third party
- *737*2*Amount*Beneficiary Phone Number# – Purchase data for yourself or a third party
- *737*50*Biller ID*Amount# – Pay bills such as DSTV, PHCN, and others
- *737*6*1# – Check your account balance
- *737*Amount*Beneficiary Bank Account Number# – Transfer to other banks through USSD
- *737*5# – Block your USSD code if you suspect that it has been compromised
- *737*20# – Unblock your USSD code if you have previously blocked it
- Dial *73751*51# to gain access to GTBank Loan
Facts About GTBank USSD Code
There are some special things to know about GTBank USSD code, they are listed below:
The transfer code for GTBank can only be used for sending money.
- The code to transfer from GTBank is available for use 24/7
- You must be a GTBank account holder to use the GTBank code to send money.
- The code can only be used on activated/linked SIM card/phone number
- You do not need a data connection to send money using this code
- The GTBank USSD transfer code can be used on Glo, MTN, Airtel, and 9mobile networks.
- There are daily limits to the amount you can transfer using the code
- Charges may apply while using the GTBank transfer code to send money.
Why Should I Use the GTBank USSD Code?
The GTBank USSD codes have several benefits and they are listed below:
- No matter your type of mobile device, the GTB code will work for you
- It is very fast
- It is convenient to use
- There is no need for mobile data to use mobile banking
- The code doesn’t discriminate against banks and allows you to send money to any account in any Nigerian bank
What is the 3-digit bank code for GTBank?
The 1st three digits stand for a specific bank. While various other banks in Nigeria have their particular digits, that of GTBank is 058.
What do I do if I Forget my Transaction PIN?
You can visit the bank where you were issued your card to make complaints and you will be offered additional assistance.